Xenon short-arc lamps require a high voltage impulse of several kV to ignite the gas discharge distance. They then pass through a negative characteristic curve before a plasma forms in the gas and the lamp lights up.
The lamp current has to be controlled very well and quickly to maintain the constancy of the lamp's brightness and transfer shares from the control of the power source to the lamp. Lamp ballast units consist of two blocks: the igniter and the power source The power source can be configured analogue or digitally, according to the customer's wishes.
QUEL - Individual power supply solutions! Your partner for power supply solutions
- Customised and individual solutions
- Specialist for individual solutions - We make it possible
- Development and Production - Made in Germany
- Long-term customer retention with guaranteed product availability and service
- All important processes under one roof (mechanics, SMT, winding materials)
- µC technology, digital control and connection of devices
- Rapid prototyping (circuit boards, mechanics, housing)
- Various designs (19 inches in 1HE/2HE/3HE/6HE - open frame - top hat rail assembly)
- Established quality management (TÜV according to DIN EN ISO 9001 since 1994)